Monday, January 17, 2011

Banana Bars with Cinnamon Chips

To be honest, I never knew cinnamon chips existed. For all I do know, they've been around as long as I have but I've just never had the pleasure of trying them! Until now...

I stopped by the grocery store last week after work, and happened to spot Hershey's cinnamon chips in a clearance cart! I was pumped, cinnamon chips exist AND they're on sale. I grabbed a few bags, headed home, and got my recipe search on. Then I remembered that I've saved a bazillion recipes with the intention of making them at some point, one of them from Erin's Food Files involving cinnamon chips! That's one off the list... here we go!




Ingredients:

6 tbsp. butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cinnamon chips
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch pan.

Cream butter, add sugar and egg, beat. Stir in vanilla and banana. In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredient mixture to banana mixture, then stir in cinnamon chips. (You could also add walnuts). 

Bake for 25 minutes, remove and let cool completely before cutting. 

Apparently they pass for a breakfast bar as well. At least for my brother they did. Yep, we are related after all... 


No comments:

Post a Comment