Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Muffins with Peanut Butter Glaze


I tend to think about the next meal, either before or during the current one, you follow? So that's where I began to make these muffins last night, thinking about how much I would enjoy one for breakfast. I love my breakfast, but believe me, I definitely get caught in the breakfast routine rut. These were a nice change, for a day or two.



They are healthy, low fat and low calorie, so I thought it was only necessary to drizzle them with a sweet peanut butter glaze.

Ingredients:

1 cup oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. ground flax
2 tbsp. finely crushed Fiber One Original cereal
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
1/2 cup yogurt (Lowfat Greek)
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg

Glaze: (measurements may vary)
About 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp. milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups (either regular or mini).

Mix together all the dry ingredients (Oats through salt). Whisk together. Mix together Banana, yogurt, oil, and egg. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until moist and well combined. Drop spoonfuls into prepared baking cups and bake for 18-20 minutes (regular size). If making mini muffins, bake 10-12 minutes.

Let the muffins cool on a rack, and mix together the glaze. Microwave for about 20 seconds, and let cool slightly. Drizzle over muffins.







No comments:

Post a Comment