Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nutella. Cookies. Enough Said.

I know I can't be the only one that has to fight the temptation of grabbing a spoon and eating Nutella straight from the jar like its ice cream. Seriously, I look at it at least twice each day with that exact thought. Sometimes I give in and just go for a large finger dip. I could solve this problem by just simply not buying Nutella at the grocery store... but is that really possible? No. I've been meaning bake something with Nutella, and today was a perfect day for just that. I woke up this morning to a rainy, grey day and thought of nothing better to do until work other than bake. I checked some blogs online that I follow, and came across Nutella cookies. As indecisive as I am, I can tell you I didn't have to think twice, or once really.

These cookies are superstars in my book. Chocolate chips and Nutella isn't a combo that can be beat just any day of the week (actually, anything with Nutella can't be beat). And can you tell how BIG they are?! Yum yum.


Recipe:
(found on Erins Food Files)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter for about a minute, then add the sugars. Beat on high until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix on low.

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Combine until smooth and all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Add chocolate chips.

Use an ice cream scoop to shape balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-8 minutes. The cookies will spread a lot, so if you do not want a large, flat cookie place the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes before forming balls. 

Cool on a wire rack, but I strongly suggest eating warm from the oven :). 



No comments:

Post a Comment